Tuesday, May 24, 2011

26.2

At the starting line 8 miles above the beautiful little mountain town called Eden: 5/21/11
Never thought I'd actually be at the starting line of ANY marathon.
The miles flew by as I chatted with these girls (Shyloh, Kellie and Kristin) and I really couldn't have done it without them! The course weaved around Pineview reservoir, across the dam and down the beautiful Ogden canyon.

26.2 miles after a lot of walk/ running, stretching my IT band and sore knee at every one of the many water stations, 5 hours after starting- the finish line finally came into view on 25th street in Ogden.

My aunt and uncle happened to be there to watch my cousin's girlfriend come in. They wondered why my bib said "Cheree" on it. Well, that's because the marathon sold out in December and someone wanted to sell the spot they'd paid for- so I took it!

Thanks for all your support Brandon!

Shyloh and I had our matching KT tape for our pesky IT band problems. By the time Shyloh and I were still in Ogden canyon, Jared blazed into the finish line. It was so fun to have the Belnaps in it with me!

Brandon's co-worker Bryan and I tested our minimal training strategy for this marathon thing- guess it worked!

My friend Kim from work made this experience so much fun and encouraged me all along the way. Hopefully we have many more of these to look forward to together!

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

I'm so proud of you Britt. Can't believe you did it with you knee and all. Great job. :)

Brittany said...

Thanks Tiff! You should have done it with us. Maybe next year?

Jer + Lu said...

Way to step it up!! Marathon runner is a great title to claim :) All the more impressive running on a pesky knee! You're top notch!!