Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What summer is all about

For the 4th of July we went down to Mt. Pleasant and had a great time. We got up for the 7 am breakfast at the park, I know- shocking. I usually only see that side of morning as I'm getting off work and going to bed.  They had a carnival and "mountain man rondezvous" with fun games and yummy treats. I love small town holiday celebrations!
That night we had a BBQ and the best seats in the house for the fireworks show- right on the deck of the Fox's house. This worked out well because as soon as it got dark the rain storm rolled in. So we just watched the show wrapped in blankets and coats and then ran right back inside when it was over.
I decided to go explore American Fork Canyon on Monday and came upon this fabulous place. The whole way up to this lake was absolutely gorgeous- wildflowers, aspen trees and the river crossing our path in several places. What a reward for the end of the hike! It's the most beautiful place I've been to around here!
Our dogs love hiking, even little Annie battled her way most of the 4 miles (I had to carry her a few times on the way up). She also took a nice long nap while Cole was swimming and fetching sticks in the lake up top.
Every summer I remember how much I love going to outdoor concerts and wish I could have more of them. Last night we saw Indigo Girls at Red Butte Gardens. It was so much fun- sitting out there on the grass with friends, yummy food, and great music playing all night. Brandon and I quite enjoyed the people-watching aspect of the night. I smiled and laughed so hard my cheeks hurt by the end of the night. It also reminded me how important it is to still go out on dates regularly. I love my husband and am so glad I am with my best friend!

1 comment:

Allie and Reed said...

How Fun! We miss you guys and the mountains. I love looking at your blog because you always have something you're doing in the mountains or outside. I love it!