Monday, December 1, 2008

Family and feast






When some people get married they divide up holiday time between the two families and only get one holiday meal or day together. Well, although Brandon and I went down to his mom's for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful meal, we got spoiled and had a repeat on Sunday with my family! That was such a bonus, because I really missed my family on my first Thanksgiving away. We also celebrated Landon's birthday on Sunday. I think my caloric intake this weekend was about as much as most people consume in a whole month! But it was worth it! I have great cooks in my family and Brandon's, so I guess I better start becoming one too. 

My contribution, which I got many compliments on was the rolls. At both family gatherings I made these Buttermilk Rolls. I must give credit where credit is due. If you want to impress, follow the link and make them for your next family gathering!

3 comments:

Wendi Bench said...

HOLY COW! I will just add...these rolls were actually small loaves of bread, sweet and soft, buttery on top...ummmmm. If I wasn't still full from eating them last night I would have had them for breakfast! Brittany won the prize for best addition to the dinner!!!

Andrea said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! It looks like you had a great time. Umm...so I usually just make rhoades rolls, but now you have inspired me to be ambitious. Those look SO yummy. I just might have to give them a try this next week. Thanks for posting the recipe

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We went to the cabin and it was BEAUTIFUL. It got me all excited for Feb! Love you, Aub
PS You better watch out talking about tasty food....you just invitited yourself to make those at the cabin next year ;-)